Wine for Water Mission Event and Mission News
- 2018 Wine For Water Brochure — on Saturday, May 5, 2018
- 2017 Wine For Water Brochure — on Saturday, May 20, 2017
- 2016 Wine for Water Flyer — on Saturday, May 14, 2016 event at Saint Barbara Event Center
- 2016 Wine for Water Brochure — on Saturday, May 14, 2016 event at Saint Barbara Event Center
- Donate to Missions
- Mission Tanzania Update – November 2014
- Pictures of the kids that inspire me
Click on any image below for a larger picture.
Mission Tanzania was started in 2009 to fund a series of community improvements for a village in Tanzania. Working with his Eminence Archbishop Jeronymos of Mwanza, our sister Parish of Saint Barbara Orthodox Church was built in Kazinga, Tanzania. In 2010 members of the parish here were part of a medical mission trip that treated over 750 people in 6 remote villages. While there the team met with Archbishop Jeronymos, and determined that the most critical need was for clean water. Since the Orthodox Church in Tanzania’s 1940s drilling equipment had finally broken down and could no longer be repaired, Mission Tanzania raised funds to purchase drilling equipment and ship it to Archbishop Jeronymos. The equipment should be arriving in Tanzania any day now, and will be used to provide clean water to any and all villagers who need it. Saint Barbara’s share of the proceeds from this concert will go to support Archbishop Jeronymos and the Orthodox Church in Tanzania’s well drilling project. Their plan is to drill new water wells, and then train a local team on how to maintain the new wells. Their goal is to save lives and prevent disease by providing clean water, something we take for granted, to all the people of the region.
Help us help them
It is a story heard too often: African communities without churches, schools, or basic healthcare. We hope to change that for one community in Tanzania – a village without a well, a school, a clinic, or a church. Help us help them. Your help will dig a well for clean water, help fund a school to teach children, build a clinic, and stock it with medicines. Your help will build a chapel to serve as the cornerstone of a community. Together we can do this.
Donations are still being accepted. Please send checks to our address on the contact us page. Make checks payable to “Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church” and indicate “Mission Tanzania” on the memo line.
Past Information and Events
- 2015 Wine for Water— and Saturday, May 16, 2015 event at Saint Barbara Event Center
- 2014 Wine for Water— and Saturday, May 31, 2014 event at Saint Barbara Event Center
- Mission Tanzania Update – September 2012
- Chris Hillman Benefit Concert – Saturday, October 22, 2011
- Mission Tanzania Update – June 12, 2010