Sunday Services will be celebrated outside.
To reserve a spot, call (805) 845-9475
Mary Mamalakis & Theony Condos
In the winter of 2007, our parish priest, Father Simon Thomas, inquired of a few parishioners when the earliest Greek immigrants came to Santa Barbara. His inquiry led to the formation of a parish history committee and ultimately the establishment of the History Museum on the campus of Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church. The initial goal was to open the Museum on the 60th Anniversary of Saint Barbara’s incorporation as a parish in 1947, and to that end the doors of the Museum opened on December 2nd, 2007, two days before the Feast of Saint Barbara on December 4th, with the blessing of Metropolitan Gerasimos of San Francisco who officiated at the Service of Agiasmos.
The exhibit is arranged and displayed by decades, beginning with 1905-1919 through the 1960’s and beyond. The memorabilia, along with some extraordinary family photos, made it possible for us to properly chronicle the lives of these early Greek immigrants in our community, and we hope we have succeeded in portraying their journey accurately. To view the exhibit by appointment please contact the Church office at 683-4492, or after Sunday Liturgy if staff is available.
Cordially, Mary Mamalakis